A thousand steps led to one step.... Christ

Monday, May 2, 2011

Prayer For Losing Weight

Dear Jesus, I pray for this excess fat to go, in your name. You said that the work of God is to believe, so although dieting and exercise are good, letting go and trusting You is best. Help me to trust You for loss of weight, and not to be obsessed with what I eat, or with exercise.

Help me to use wisdom in what I eat, and to exercise healthfully, but let my trust be in You and in Your power and not in eating certain foods or in exercise.

You said that we could drink poison and it will not hurt us, so we are not to worry about ingesting bad things. You have given us power over all the power of the enemy, and the enemy cannot hurt me through anything that enters my mouth.

I acknowledge that I have judged myself and others according to appearance and that this is not pleasing to You. Forgive me and cleanse me. I acknowledge that idolizing a slim body is idolatry and that looking down on people who are overweight is pride. Forgive me and cleanse me of these sins.

I acknowledge that I have tried to fix my body in an attempt to make myself feel better about my life, when You want me to feel better about my life from the inside, not the outside.

Jesus, I acknowledge that I have allowed others to measure me by my appearance, and not by my heart, and that I have followed the fear of man. Forgive me, cleanse me, and give me courage to resist the fear of man and walk in confidence in Your love and affirmation of me.

Jesus, I acknowledge that I have eaten food to fill a void that only You can fill. Help me to turn to You instead of food to fill my emotional and spiritual needs.

Jesus, I need to lose weight to ward off certain diseases. Help me not to fear these diseases. I come against the fear of disease in Your name and by Your blood. By Your power, help me to lose weight and the potential for these diseases. I rest in Your power.

I come against the fear of being fat, in Jesus’ name. Jesus, I acknowledge that I have given in to this fear. Forgive me, and cleanse me.

Please help me to set these priorities straight, and then, having set them straight, to find Your will for me in losing weight. Let me lose weight as You cleanse me.

Jesus, I loose this excess weight, in Your name and by Your blood.

The work of God is to believe, so I let go of striving, and worrying, and enter into rest. I rest in Your power to work in my metabolism and burn away this excess weight.

Thank you Jesus for Your awesome and miraculous power.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you made it this far, you might as well leave a comment:=)