A thousand steps led to one step.... Christ

Saturday, February 20, 2010

God's Words When You Are Wounded Emotionally

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Ps 147

The spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to set the captives free.
Is 61

Behold, You desire truth in the inward man. In the hidden part you will make me to know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop and I shall be clean. Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me hear joy and gladness that the bones [that are broken] may rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart oh God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from your presence and do not take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and uphold me by Your generous spirit. Then I will teach transgressors your ways and sinners shall be converted to You.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit. A broken and contrite heart. These oh God You will not despise.
Psalm 51

For it is not an enemy who reproaches me, then I could bear it, nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me, then I could hide from him. But it is you a man my equal, my companion and my acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together and walked to the house of God in the throng.

He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, for there were many against me.

Cast your burden upon the Lord and He shall sustain you. He will never suffer the righteous to be moved.

I said, “Oh that I had wings like a dove. I would fly away and be at rest. Indeed I would wander afar off and remain in the wilderness, I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest…for I have seen violence and strife in the city.
Ps 55

Be merciful to me oh God for man would swallow me up. Fighting all day he oppresses me. My enemies would hound me all day, for there are many who fight against me oh God.

Whenever I am afraid I will trust in you. In God (I will praise his word) in God I have put my trust I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?
You number my wanderings. Put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in Your book? When I cry out to You, then my enemies will turn back. This I know because God is for me. In God, I will praise his word, in God I will put my trust. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

You have delivered my soul from death. Have you not kept my feet from falling that I may walk before God in the light of the living?
Ps 56

Be merciful to me oh God for my soul trusts in You and in the shadow of your wings I will make my refuge until these calamities have passed by.

I will cry out to God most High, to God who performs all things for me. He shall send from heaven and save me. He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.

My soul is among lions.

I will sing and give praise.
Ps 57

I will wait for You oh You his strength. For God is my defense. My God of mercy shall come to meet me.
Ps 59

Oh God You have cast us off. You have broken us down. You have been displeased. Oh restore us again. You have made the earth tremble. You have broken it. Heal its branches, for it is shaking. You have shown your people hard things. You have made us drink the wine of confusion.
Ps 60

Hear my cry, oh God. Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to you. when my heart is overwhelmed. Oh lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower against the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever. I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. For you God have heard me.
Ps 61

Truly my soul waits silently for God. From Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation. He is my defense. I shall not be greatly moved. My soul! Wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation. He is my defense. I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and glory. The rock of my strength and my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people. Pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us.
If riches increase, do not set your heart on them. Power belongs to God. Also to you Lord belongs mercy. I did not invent mercy.
Ps 62

My soul thirsts for you, my flesh longs for you, in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise you, thus I will bless you while I live. I will lift up my hands in your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise you with joyful lips. Ps 63

For this reason I bow my knees to the father of our Lord Jesus Christ from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that he would grant you according to the riches of his glory to be strengthened with might through his spirit in the inner man. That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, that you being rooted and grounded in love may have the power to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and height and depth. That you may know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that works within us, to him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you made it this far, you might as well leave a comment:=)